Stephen Bilkis
Justice for the injured! 800.696.9529 Request A Free Consultation

New York Immigration

A New York Immigration Lawyer will tell you that whether you decide to come to the U.S. for a visit, or intend to make the United States your new home, you will need to apply for a visa. People who have never been to the United States are often under the impression that the U.S. will welcome them with open arms. Most find that this is not the case. It is important to know that if you plan to stay in the United States for any length of time, you will need to contend with U.S. immigration procedures. The U.S. immigration laws are complex, and the immigration process can be very lengthy. A missed or incorrect filing can mean months of additional waiting time. If you have an immigration question or problem, it is important to speak with a New York Immigration Lawyer from our team right away.

If your intention is to come to the United States permanently, you will need to obtain a green card. With a green card, you are free to work and live the U.S., and travel abroad. Green cards of commonly obtained where a family member is already a U.S. citizen. They can also be issued to workers, investors, or individuals who have been petitioned by their employer. There are numerous other categories for green card holders, including people seeking asylum.

A non-immigrant visa is required if you are only planning to visit the U.S. for a certain period of time. This type of visa will allow you to stay in the U.S. to study, work, or visit until your visa expires. People who are doing business in the U.S., tourists or workers often obtain non-immigrant visas. It is important to note that if you are a short-term visitor to the U.S. from a particular country that is listed by the government, you may be able to be in the U.S. for 90 days without a visa.

Obtaining the appropriate immigration documentation can be extremely challenging. Depending on what type of documentation is required, it can be complicated. It is important that you speak with a qualified New York Immigration Lawyer from Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC from our team for guidance. We will provide you with valuable legal advice and a free consultation with your first visit. Whether you have an Immigration issue, are in need advice regarding a Criminal, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Debt Collection, Divorce or Family Law, Estate or Probate, Bankruptcy, real estate matter, or have a Debt Collection matter, we can help. We have offices to serve you in New York City, including locations in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. We also have offices in Nassau County and Suffolk County on Long Island as well as Westchester County. Contact us today for an appointment at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Contact Us