New York Ferrari Car Accident
If you were involved in a New York Ferrari car accident it is important to understand your legal rights. Car accidents involving Ferraris are caused by a variety of factors. For instance drivers typically cause accidents because they were driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, were texting while driving, sped through a red light or stop sign, or were in some other way driving recklessly. In other words, the vast majority of car accidents are caused because of negligent driving. When negligent actions lead to accident there are often victims who suffer injuries that are quite serious. For instance in a car accident a victim may be through into the dashboard or into the windshield causes serious trauma to the head and deep lacerations. As a result victims sometimes end up with lifelong memory deficits, cognitive impairment, seizures and migraines. In other cases victims suffer broken bones that take weeks and weeks to heal and often require surgery and physical therapy. Clearly such victims will end up with significant medical bills and will probably miss weeks or even months of work. Victims do have recourse. Under New York law victims of Ferrari car accidents may seek financial awards from the person whose recklessness resulted in the collision. If you are in need of an injury attorney because you or a family member were injured in an auto accident caused by the negligence of another person, it is important to contact an experienced New York car accident lawyer who will help ensure that the person responsible for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses is held legally and financially accountable through a personal injury or lawsuit.Elements of a negligence claim
In order to show that a driver was negligent, you must show the following:
- The defendant breached a duty of care. The defendant must have owed you a duty of care. This means that the defendant was required by law not to put you at risk. Under New York law all drivers are required to operate their vehicles in a manner that does not put other drivers, cyclists or pedestrians at risk. If they fail to do so by driving recklessly, driving while drunk, driving while texting, or driving in some other negligent manner, that driver has breached a duty of care.
- You must have suffered a compensable loss. In order to have a valid claim you have must have suffered a serious injury. A few scratches and bruises that require little or no medical treatment are not sufficient for a personal injury claim. On the other hand broken bones, head trauma, internal bleeding, traumatic amputation, and spinal cord injuries will results in significant medical bills, pain and suffering and lost wages. There are all compensable losses. You must be able to prove that the injuries you suffered resulted from the accident and were not pre-existing ailments.
If you suffered serious injuries in an accident you will face pain, suffering, loss of wage and medical bills. As an experienced injury attorney will explain, you have the right to demand that the negligent person compensate you for your out-of-pocket expenses and other losses. Examples of compensable losses include:
- Lost wages: Paychecks that you did not receive because you were recovering; the value of sick and vacation days that you used while you were recovering; loss of future earnings that you will not receive because you suffered a permanent disability.
- Medical bills: Emergency room, hospital, surgery, nursing facility, doctor, therapists, chiropractor, medication, and medical equipment
- Pain and suffering: Physical pain you suffered which can be measured by the type of injury and the type of medication your had to take; emotional pain which can be measures by the fact that your injury left a permanent scar or your injury left you permanent disabled
- Wrongful death: If a family member is killed in a car accident, you may be able to pursue damages through a wrongful death action. However, under New York law only a decedent’s personal representative has the standing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
New York Ferrari car accidents disrupt the lives of victims. Victims musts endure painful a painful recovery and face financial challenges. One step in rebuilding your life is to hold the person responsible for your injuries accountable through a personal injury lawsuit. In order to ensure that you rights are protected it is important that you are represented by an attorney representing clients injured in auto accidents. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Stephen Bilkis & Associates are experienced in handling personal injury cases stemming from auto, truck, motorcycle, boat, and construction accidents. Contact us at 800.696.9529 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your case. We serve individuals hurt in car accidents in the following locations: the Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Nassau County, Queens, Staten Island, Suffolk County and Westchester County.