New York Volvo Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of people are seriously injured or killed each year in New York in car accidents. No brand of car is exempt, including Volvos. Each year, just every other type of vehicle, thousands of Volvos are involved in accidents. Even though Volvos have always been a leader in equipping their vehicles with sophisticated safety features, when car accidents occur victims do sometimes suffer serious injuries that can leave them not only physically damaged, but also financially damaged. If you or a family member experienced serious injuries in a car accident involving a Volvo, contact an experienced New York Volvo car accident lawyer at Stephen Bilkis & Associates who will help ensure that the person responsible for your injuries and losses is held accountable through a personal injury lawsuit.Common Causes of Car Accidents
While there are many reasons that car accidents occur, many accidents are fairly predictable based on the negligent actions on the person who caused the accident. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding, including driving too fast for road conditions
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Failing to stop at stop signs or red lights
- Unsafe lane changes
- Wrong-way driving
- Improper turns
If you were injured in an accident that involved a Volvo and the accident was due to the negligent or reckless driving of another person, contact an experienced New York Volvo accident lawyer. Not that if a driver was ticketed at the scene for breaking a traffic law, does not necessarily mean that that person was at fault. However, it will be considered along with other evidence such as eyewitness statements.Consequences of Car Accidents
One of the most unfortunate consequences of a car accidents are injuries. Victims of car accidents, even if the accident is relative minor, can suffer serious injuries that cause them both physical pain and financial distress. However, if the accident was due to the negligence of someone else, through a person injury lawsuit with the help of an experienced Volvo car accident attorney in New York, the victim has the right to seek damages for their losses as follows:
- Medical expenses. If you are seriously injured, your medical expenses will be substantial. Through a personal injury lawsuit, you can demand that the negligent party pay for all of the accident-related medical bills that you have accrued and will accrue in the future.
- Lost wages. Just as difficult as dealing with the medical bills is dealing with not being able to work and earn an income. You can demand that the negligent party compensate you for the money and benefits you would have been entitled from your job had you been able to work.
- Pain and suffering. Unlike medical expenses and lost wages, there is no receipt, bill, or paystub to determine the exact amount of your pain and suffering loss. However, it can be evidenced by the extent of your injuries, whether you are permanently scarred or disfigured, and whether you suffered from depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues as a result of the accident. To understand how damages related to physical pain and emotional suffering are calculated in a personal injury claim, contact an experienced Volvo car accident attorney in New York.
It is difficult to overcome a serious auto accident. Victims have to worry about their physical recovery while also worrying about the financial impact of the accident. Holding the person who caused the accident accountable through a personal injury claim will go a long way to healing financially and emotionally. Contact an experienced Volvo car accident attorney serving New York at Stephen Bilkis & Associates at 800.696.9529 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your car accident. We serve clients in the following locations: Manhattan, Westchester County, Suffolk County, Staten Island, Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Nassau County, and Queens.